Sunday, April 20, 2008

Hello world,

It has been months since I posted anything. Life has been busy, but that is no excuse. So here is an update:

First and foremost, I am still raw. Still pushing along and waiting for the sun and earth to provide me with fresh fruits. From these Pennsylvania winters, I have learned that although I love, love-love-love vegetables, I really need some fruit in my life. Mmmmm, some mango, strawberries, blueberries, all the berries…wow, just the thought of fruit has me dancing in my chair. Oooo, pomegranates…I’m currently passing out.

I am currently finishing my 2nd year of graduate school, and interestingly-enough I think this semester has been more difficult than the first. I don’t think I have ever stressed so much in my life. A few weeks ago, I actually had an allergic reaction to some cashews. I couldn’t believe it! I had hives for a WEEK AND A HALF. I still have marks on my skin from all the scratching. Since I have a history of eating cashews, I am pretty sure that it was not the cause. After reading up on a few things, I realized that the reaction was due to stress. Since then I have accepted the fact that I have been stressed, which is a big step since I tend to deny that I am stressed when I am stressed. Yeah….issues. I also began to realize that a lot of my current bodily issues are probably related to stress. I find it amazing that even though I have been raw for almost 2 years that I still have some issues. Here is a list:

1. Psoriasis on my scalp
2. Sleeping 9-10-11 hours a night
3. Now, I take forever to get out of bed. I can lay in bed for 1-2 hours when I wake up. This is a good sign that my adrenals are overtaxed.
4. I have gained 5-10 pounds this semester…which is crazy since I am like 40 pounds overweight.
5. Ever-changing moods…just ask my roommates
6. Gas…just ask my roommates
7. Tired all the time
8. Bloated and puffy
9. And, just not as happy ☹

So, I have been working on ways to decrease my stress. Luckily, I have some amazing people around me who are helping me find ways to de-stress, experience joyfulness, and give my mind peace. Lucky girl! I have actually started to meditate…this is day 2. A new, inspiring friend (see ) gave me some pointers and so far so good. I have stopped working as much, and duh…that has really helped. And lastly, I started bellydancing and going to bed early again. And just as a side note, since I have been taking it easy in the past week, I have lost about 5 pounds.

So, I thought I would update you all with a picture. Unfortunately, I lost my camera in New Orleans, but someone took a picture of me recently at a wedding shower.



I am in the middle, Joche my roommate is on the left, and my friend Lavona is on the right.

Oh, I now have a myspace page. It took me forever but I have finally succumbed. Go to myspace.com/rawblackgirl

Have a wonderful, awesome, stupendous, enlightening, and joyful day!

-Brandi

0 comments