Thursday, August 30, 2007


A moment worth its weight in gold...

Today, I was in one of my courses. It was the first class and everyone spent a minute introducing themselves and their research interests. I knew several of the students well since they are in my graduate cohort. And as these specific students introduced themselves, I found myself feeling exquisitely happy because I was so proud of their accomplishments, vocal ability, and just their undeniable passion for their work. As they talked, I did not compare myself with them. Actually, I felt abundant. I felt that there is so much opportunity to do well and be recognized. So, I quieted my mind and gave them that moment. I listened, and this allowed me to be truly proud and happy for them.

I have decided to work on my habit of comparing myself to others so that I may have more moments like this. They are indeed glorious.

(Picture: A floating tomato in my garden. It doesn't really float, but this is how my camera took the picture. And I can't really argue with that.)

-Brandi

1 comment

Anonymous said...

as are you brandi. you are so glorious! thank you reminding me that there is no one on this earth like us. we are each unique special and oh so loved.

gabe