Saturday, August 25, 2007

Today, I was reading Alissa Cohen’s book “Living on Live Foods.” I was inspired by the stories of people successfully changing their lives and living the life they could have only dreamed about before becoming raw. Something she said in the book truly inspired me, “you must have a clearly defined image of what you want to look like, feel like, and be. If you don’t know what you are trying to create, how can you create it?” This is a very simple statement, but for me in this period of my life, it means so much. There are things that I would like to do and qualities that I would like to become, however, I am not there yet and I am not quite sure how to get there. So, it seems that the first step is to write down what I would like to be, feel like, and look like.

  1. I want to be in a state of unruly, contagious, and supreme happiness.
  2. I want to be in love with my being. I want to be in love with the presence of God that is in all of us and the nature that surrounds us.
  3. I want to feel that who I am is enough; that I am worthy of amazing friendships, love, and living the light.
  4. I want a beautiful body that is feminine, strong, and prolific (i.e., babies of course).
  5. I want to sing, dance, paint, write, and be bold in my creativity. Be bold in my experience of the world.
  6. I want to be fun, spontaneous, and not afraid of trying the ideas that pop-up in my mind. I want confidence.
  7. I want to be a health educator who helps individuals and families lead happy healthy lives. I want to excel in helping the community.
  8. I want to be a wonderful mother, wife, and friend to my future husband and children. I want a raw family.
  9. I want to be an example of possibilities, happiness, and personal growth.

So this is what I want. The next step is to begin making these apart of my reality through daily action, meditation, and visualization. I will let you know what happens.

Picture: I am on the left, and Phyllis is on the right (she is one of my favorite people in the whole-wide world).

-Brandi

0 comments