Sunday, July 13, 2008

Where has GaBe been?


Hey all. No excuses here. A lot has occurred in the past few months. I am glad that our  blog hasn't gone completely neglected. Brandi so lovingly shared her experiences being back in the bay area and her love affair with strawberries and please know that I am extremely jealous right now:-(

Anyway, as for me, aside from my musical adventures, I have been harvesting some of the seeds that I planted earlier in the summer. I planted french beans, corn, basil, lavender, purple sage, rosemary, and okra. The mint I planted last year it trying to take over one part of the "baby farm", but I give a lot of of it away,  which keeps it under control.

I have been working very hard preparing other areas of the yard. Inspired by my need to have the healthiest food possible in my body and the bodies of my family members and by the Dervaes family (go www.pathtofreedom,com) I am working to cultivate as much of our yard as possible and our yard is HUGE. It is not easy when it is me most of the time pulling up grass, turning over soil, transferring compost, planning and reading and observing and baking in New Orleans heat. But I know there will be fruit to this labor, so I persevere.

I'll post pictures in the next post.

In Greatness,
GaBrilla

0 comments